Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

Yesterday morning my 4 boys, aunt, cousin, and I got up before the sun... not to bake for Thanksgiving but to go do the local 5K Turkey Trot. The plan was for me to push the two little ones in our double jogger and for Aunt Pam to walk with me while Allex ran ahead with the older two boys.  My goal was to not finish last. Haha!  That was seriously my biggest fear.  It has been taking us about a an hour and twenty minutes to walk the 5K length at home.  Well, the boys and Allex ran ahead and finished it in 44 minutes!  Allex is use to running and kept them at a steady pace... they had not ever run anything more than a mile so I was impressed!  With all the encouragement from Aunt Pam and the roadside cheerleaders I did run some and we took turns with the stroller and finished the 5K in 52 minutes!  I was stoked!  We did great.  I felt great.  I can't wait to do it again.  And....  Even though I ate myself miserable with loads of carbs and some fried foods yesterday, I am happy to report that I did not gain any of my weight back!  I'm thinking I need to do a 5K every Thanksgiving morning and maybe even one during Christmas week since we tend to overdo the not so healthy foods then, too!  I'm so thankful for all the support I've had in this journey to get fit, for my family & friends, for the Turkey Trot, and for Advocare.

No comments:

Post a Comment