Chips... any kind but especially those that come with a bowl of hot sauce... are my crack. I am a chip junkie. I like a good breadstick and a slab of cornbread slathered in butter but I can control myself with those. I can limit myself to 1 serving. But not with chips. What does this mean for my eating healthier, smaller portions? It means that for the challenge I did not buy any chips. They were not allowed in my house except for the one time my inlaws came over for burgers and my mother-n-law brought her awesome homemade hot sauce and tortilla chips. I ate more than my fair share but thankfully my husband had the wits about him to send them home with the leftover chips even though they offered to leave them here. Phew... that would have been disasterous.
I did buy chips this week for the kids to have with lunches. I learned real quick that it would be much easier for me to follow my new eating habits of limiting my carbs to complex carbs and with only one meal a day if I skipped lunch. Lunch is easy for me to skip. Easier than breakfast or supper. But it is also the worst meal of the day for me if I'm going to eat it. At home anyway... eating out I can be good and order a salad or some other nutritious option. But at home, we are a sandwich and chips kind of family. I'd rather save my carbs for a small bowl of (stovetop popped) popcorn at snack time or for my sweet potato or brown rice at dinner. So for now, I'll be having my daily shake at lunch time. I will allow myself the occasional "cheat" day where I indulge in a (hopefully) small bowl of chips and hot sauce. But those cheats will be few and far between!
If I can do this, YOU can too.
No comments:
Post a Comment